My child is struggling with reading and spelling. When should I begin to be concerned?
There are some questions to ask yourself –
- Did my child struggle with sounds as they were developing language?
- Mix up the sounds in words?
- Does my child struggle with spelling too?
- Struggled to learn the sounds for letter of the alphabet?
- Can my child read a new word well, or can they only read a word if they have seen it many times?
- Does my child read very slowly?
- Did one of the parents or other close family members struggle with reading, writing, or spelling?